User Defined Products blank

Author
J
Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
When I create a product on SD7.3 and save in user defined product. it loads blank.
I have create a few product and the saved projects using them. When I open the file, the page is blank, however I do have the area boxed off, with 4 red square
i have attached screen grab of what I am facing 

Why are my products not visible?
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (371K reputation)
Group: Administrators
I suspect your UDP symbol contains one or more objects that are a long way away from the objects that you think make up the symbol.  This would explain why you have the red selection handles but cannot see anything: to fit the whole symbol into the window the zoom is so far out that you cannot see individual objects.

Feel free to email a project file that shows the problem to techsupport@stardraw.com and we will be happy to investigate further.

You might find it useful to watch the movie "Blank Imported DWG" at the bottom of https://www.stardraw.com/sd7/movies  Assuming my suspicion is correct you will be able to use the same technique to fix the UDP symbol by editing it: in the Product Browser, rightclick on the UDP and choose Edit Symbols, then use the technique described in the movie to locate and remove any displaced objects.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
Jonesie298
J
Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Rob Robinson - 2/26/2024 11:13:38 AM
I suspect your UDP symbol contains one or more objects that are a long way away from the objects that you think make up the symbol.  This would explain why you have the red selection handles but cannot see anything: to fit the whole symbol into the window the zoom is so far out that you cannot see individual objects.

Feel free to email a project file that shows the problem to techsupport@stardraw.com and we will be happy to investigate further.

You might find it useful to watch the movie "Blank Imported DWG" at the bottom of https://www.stardraw.com/sd7/movies  Assuming my suspicion is correct you will be able to use the same technique to fix the UDP symbol by editing it: in the Product Browser, rightclick on the UDP and choose Edit Symbols, then use the technique described in the movie to locate and remove any displaced objects.

the file is of 2 screen next to each other and a cisco quad cam directly below, the boxed section is the size of the file, so not sure why its doing this.
This is the same if I drag in any of my UDP products. I scaled them then saved them. now they are all blank
I will send over the file to tech support

Thank you
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (371K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Thanks for sending the file.  As suspected, the UDP symbol contains displaced objects so we have emailed you a video that shows how to identify the problems with this particular UDP symbol.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...