Customise Title Block Logo

Author
M
Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Greetings
I am struggling to change and save the Title Block Logo on existing schematics.   
I have used the following methods:
Saved a copy of the existing Title Block template from the route file, and placed it in a local file on the PC. Selected the saved local template copy in Title Block and then deleted the current layout, replacing it with a copied Title Block from a drawing that has the layout and logo I need  This then for some reason does not follow through with the correct Document Field information, and remains the same as the original template. It also seems to have a different scale to that of the drawing  
The next method was to open the Title Block template as a new project, but once I import the image/logo and size it accordingly, the Title Block seems to get deleted when I hit save 

The correct logo is saved in Tools/Personalisation, but also does not seem to pull to the drawings as the instructions suggest.

Moving forward from this, how can I simply update revision number and issue date when changes are made, as this ability also seems to evade me.

Kr
Michael
Edited 4 Months Ago by MPTechSol
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (371K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi Michael,

Thanks for your post.

The technique you may be missing is that if you have a drawing and you have already added a Title Block to it, you can change the Title Block by using Drawing | Title Block or (Ctrl+T).  This will remove the old Title Block and insert the new one, using the correct scaling and respecting current document settings (Drawing Name, Number etc).

I recommend watching the movie "Using Title Blocks" and "Customizing Title Blocks", #06 and #07 at https://www.stardraw.com/sd7/movies

To answer some of the issues you mention:
1) You say you have made a copy of the template, then "deleted the current layout, replacing it with a copied Title Block from a drawing that has the layout and logo I need".  This will not work because the title block you've copied from the drawing has already replaced the Text Attribute fields from the original template e.g. "[Project\Client Name]" with the values for those attributes.  Therefore the substitutable Text Attribute is lost and this is why you don't see the drawing details when you insert from the modified template.
2) The logo in a title block template is only replaced by the logo image from Tools | Personalization | Personal Details if the title block template you select is in the installation folder, usually "C:\Program Files\Stardraw.com Ltd\Stardraw Design 7.3".  Custom templates saved in other locations do not substitute the logo image.
3) To update the Issue Date, Revision Number etc, select the title block and, in the Properties Grid on the right of your screen, you will see all the Attributes used in that title block e.g. "Document\ Date", "Document\Revision".  Click in the value field and type in the new value you want - this will update the title block shown in the drawing window.

I hope this is helpful and, if you follow the steps in the movie "Customizing Title Blocks" you should have no problem changing the logo and anything else you want in your custom Title Block Template.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
MPTechSol
M
Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Thanks you Robert.
I was missing the customised template in the root folder.
All is working now.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...